New Jersey Reunion Parts 2, 3, Infinity . . .

I usually watch Bravo shows to feel better about life. There’s the schadenfreude (duh!), there’s the pretty clothes and shoes and hair, and there’s the faux Caribbean jazz that is the soundtrack of all Bravo shows. Pretty much always puts me in a good mood.

But the reunion of The Real Housewives of New Jersey made me feel nothing but down. I wish I could get back the three hours I spent watching it. Oof. THREE. HOURS.

Quite frankly, (I’m Aviva now!) the problem is Teresa and Joe Giudice and their outsize role in the storylines of the show. I’m a little afraid Teresa’s army of rabid fans will somehow crash this site if I say it, but I think the Giudices are some of the worst people I’ve ever seen on television. They are delusional, angry, vindictive, rage-y, and full of hate and envy. And my boyfriend Andy Cohen and his producers have allowed their shenanigans to hijack the show.

We keep hearing how close Teresa was to her brother Joe before he got married. She gets teary and agitated whenever she talks about how Joe changed when he met Melissa. From the beginning, I’ve thought Teresa’s attachment to her brother was way beyond just “close”, right on in to “not normal.” Her jealousy of his attention to Melissa is a little bizarre.

The single story this season, up to and including the reunion, was Teresa vs. Everyone Else. And it was just boring. Yes, the contrast between the charming Season One Teresa and the vindictive Season Four witch is pretty bleak. But that doesn’t make it interesting. These shows work when there are relationships of all kinds – some love, some hate, some indifference – and when the alliances shift around. Jersey had none of that this year and it was ultimately lifeless.

I think this picture sums up the season: (after the jump)

“Love, love, love!”

Moving on, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m really starting to get into the Miami crew! The Floridian in me loooves Miami. And I have a real soft spot for the stereotypical over-the-top sexy Latina – probably a result of my childhood visits to Disney World and the accompanying wonder at the Cubans and Puerto Ricans tottering around the park in hot pants, full makeup, and heels. Pure glamour.

Oh, and also Romain’s hotness. Reason enough to watch. Not even kidding.

What do you think? Were you disappointed or did you love the drama? Anyone reading this on Team Teresa?

Photo: TKyle

8 thoughts on “New Jersey Reunion Parts 2, 3, Infinity . . .

1. Forever 51 says:

Actually-i got so sick of her and Gianna, and that dreadful husband of hers that they lost me 2 seasons ago. Bring on Beverly Hills! And I loved Jill from NY till she got more snooty than she already was. Bring on the NeNe – yay 2 weeks!

• reallyrealatlantahousewife says:

Oh, I used to love Jill so much, too. It seems all of them sort of “lose the thread” after a season or two. They see themselves in the tabloids, think they’re stars, start getting plastic surgery and then get boring. I am still excited for BH, though!

2. Michelle Newcome says:

I’ve only watched reunion episodes 1 and 2 and I’m just floored that any human being would put themselves through that bunch of screaming nonsense. I can spell Napalm and I think this show needs to having some aerial spraying done. I had an Italian step-grandfather and Teresa’s attitude toward her brother is really more of the classical Italian mother role. Maybe that was their relationship – Italian mothers are typically not fans of the girls their sons marry.

• reallyrealatlantahousewife says:

“Aerial spraying” might be the best idea ever. I can imagine Andy saying, “Ladies, I’ve got a special surprise for you tonight…” Don’t bother watching part 3 (not that you would). The dissolution of their family is truly sad, but the screaming goes to the next level in part 3, and it’s impossible to even follow.

3. Anne says:

I’m with Forever 51–NJ has lost my interest. Holding out for BH.
    Also, small correction. Andy is MY boyfriend! Don’t make me pull your weave!

4. Emma Covarrubias says:

I think Bravo should just fire all of them now, get some new fresh housewives that don’t spend half of the time promoting on the “show” and the other half on the reunions.. I mean please… To much screaming to much of nothing and to be honest, grudges that are as stupid as Teresa’s answers.. no one made sense.

• reallyrealatlantahousewife says:

Hear, hear! As soon as this season started, I was already sick of the songs, the wine, the desserts, the spaghetti sauce, blahblahblah. Time to start fresh!

Talk to me.